Kabi is a small but feisty infant chimpanzee and recent arrival to JGI’s Tchimpounga sanctuary. Stolen from his mother by poachers, like thousands of other great apes each year, Kabi was confiscated and taken to the expert staff at Tchimpounga. Despite his early trauma, Kabi was quite brave upon arrival, though he never strayed too far from his adoptive human caretaker Antonette. Kabi is lucky enough to have a new family quickly forming with his two pals George and Vienna! One day, they may be able to join the others on a Tchimpounga sanctuary island.
As a token of thanks for your generous gift, you have the option to receive:
- A letter acknowledging your contribution
- A personalized certificate
- A bio and photo of one of Tchimpounga's chimpanzees
- Premium level gifts of $63.00 will also receive a small plush chimpanzee
- Emailed Certificates are sent the next business day.
- Paper Certificates are sent via USPS First Class Mail and are not trackable. Please allow 15 business days for delivery. They are mailed separately from all other items.
- We are only able to ship to a single address per order. If you need to send adoptions to multiple addresses, please submit separate orders. Your billing information can be saved by creating an account with us during checkout or by going to our Registration Page.
**For Chimp Guardian sponsorships outside the United States, please see the Other Resources tab**
VIDEO OF KABI:
Kabi from the Jane Goodall Institute on Vimeo.
The Jane Goodall Institute’s Tchimpounga Chimpanzee Rehabilitation Center in the Republic of the Congo has been operating for over 25 years as a safe haven for rescued chimpanzees. Tchimpounga puts the needs of rescued chimpanzees first, providing a second chance through first in class care for nearly 150 chimpanzees. The work of Tchimpounga is possible through the support of our Chimpanzee Guardians.
For a one-time donation gift of just $35.00, anyone can become a Chimp Guardian. As a Chimp Guardian, you will receive a special Chimp Guardian certificate with a color photo of and fun details about your new friend.
Sponsoring a Chimp Guardian for someone else also makes a perfect gift, so make an even greater impact this holiday season by sharing the love with others.