Scientists at Gombe have carried the torch of Dr. Jane Goodall’s original study of the “F” and “G” families along with other groundbreaking research for nearly 60 continuous years. Researchers continue to document daily behavior and other data as a part of what is called the ‘B-Record’ observational archive, and the information gathered has been and continues to be pivotal for great ape behavioral insights, anthropological and human health knowledge and advancements.
This extraordinary data archive and ongoing work is invaluable and singular in all the world. With your support of the ‘B-Record’, this historic and vital knowledge treasure trove will not only continue but expand, allowing even more discoveries. The more we know about chimpanzees the more we can grow care for them and their conservation.
By sponsoring the ‘B-Record’ as a part of Gombe Science Heroes, you will receive everything from fascinating stories of individual observations by JGI’s Tanzanian field staff, to updates on cutting edge studies such as DNA paternity, from biographies of the lives of the chimpanzees themselves, to personal stories of people who collect painstakingly collect and analyze the data. This is your chance to be at the forefront of discovery.
Become a ‘B-Record’ Gombe Science Hero today!
As a token of thanks for your generous gift, you have the option to receive:
- A letter acknowledging your contribution
- A personalized certificate
- Premium level gifts of $63.00 will also receive a small plush chimpanzee
- Emailed Certificates are sent the next business day.
- Paper Certificates are sent via USPS First Class Mail and are not trackable. Please allow up to 4 weeks for delivery. They are mailed separately from all other items.
- We are only able to ship to a single address per order. If you need to send adoptions to multiple addresses, please submit separate orders. Your billing information can be saved by creating an account with us during checkout or by going to our Registration Page.